Joanne M. Brown, MSW, JD
Joanne is a graduate of the University of California, Berkeley where she received her Bachelor of Art, Master in Social Work and Juris Doctor Degree.
Her background includes serving as a Superior Court Commissioner in Alameda County, consulting for the public sector including for local, state and federal agencies in all components of the justice systems, and consulting for a decade for National Resource Center for Legal and Judicial Issues, working in forty states to facilitate the implementation of national child welfare outcomes. As a consultant, she has conducted system wide needs assessments, led program and system evaluations, designed training, facilitated community wide meetings on problem solving, drafted strategic plans for groups and agencies, and helped public leadership identify the priority needs of the community and establish a basis for meaningful collaboration. For the past six years, she has been on the faculty at the Center for Human Services, University of California, Davis. In that capacity, Joanne;
- Organized the training curriculum for the county case reviewers for the California Family Services Review,
- Coached management and supervisors in child welfare
- Facilitated problem solving sessions between child welfare and the courts
- Developed targeted training for both court and administrative law hearings.
- Trained hearing officers, and helped develop policy and procedure to integrate changes in law and regulation with social work best practices and research.
In addition, she is an ardent Oakland Athletics and Cal Bears fan and lives in Sonoma. Joanne has been working with SVC since 2012.